Reach California’s largest retailers through a respected source, the California Retailers Association. CRA represents California’s retail industry operating over 164,200 stores with sales in excess of $571 billion annually and employing 2,776,000 people—nearly one fifth of California’s total employment.
Associate membership is available to non-retail companies who have a business relationship with California retailers, including manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers, law firms, service providers, suppliers and vendors.
CRA covers a broad range of issues on behalf of their members including: alcoholic beverages, automotive, banking, employer issues, energy, environmental, food/food safety, gasoline, health care, land use, loss prevention/safety, pharmacy, privacy/credit, recycling/product stewardship, tax/enterprise zone, tobacco, unemployment insurance, workers’ compensation and others.
A sampling of CRA retail members:
- Mass Merchandisers (Target, Wal-Mart, Kmart, Amway)
- Department Stores (Macys, Gap, Sears, JCPenney, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom)
- Fast Food Restaurants (Jack in the Box, KFC, Taco Bell)
- Convenience Stores (7-Eleven)
- Supermarkets and Grocery Stores (Safeway, Ralphs, SUPERVALU, Raley’s, Trader Joe’s, Stater Bros.,
Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Markets)
- Chain Drug Stores (Rite Aid, CVS, Walgreens)
- Specialty Retailers (Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowe’s, LensCrafters, AutoZone, Ethan Allen, Les Schwab,
Payless Shoe Source, Petsmart, Office Depot, Staples, Crate & Barrel, RadioShack)
Associate membership benefits include:
- Bi-weekly electronic updates through The Golden State Report. This succinct newsletter provides the
latest information on pending legislative and regulatory activity;
- It’s A Law and It’s A Law: Pharmacy are the only publications summarizing all new retail-related laws to help
you stay in compliance. These annuals are exclusive to CRA members;
- Special mailings, issue alerts and updates as appropriate;
- Participation at CRA’s Annual Meeting and/or the Public Affairs Meeting;
- Sponsorship opportunities at CRA’s Annual Meeting and/or Public Affairs Meeting;
- Staff services to answer questions and provide assistance;
- Coming in 2011: Advertising opportunities via the Golden State Report, It’s A Law publications and website.
Call Jill Rulon, CRA, today for further information at (916)443-1975 or complete the inquiry form below.
Apply for California Retailers Association Membership